Vascular laser is the state-of-the-art Vbeam laser which is used to treat a wide variety of vascular conditions like facial capillaries, rosacea, red scars, spider leg veins, red stretch marks portwine stains, hemangiomas and warts.
During the procedure the high intensity laser is beam of a single wavelength is used to target damaged, abnormal, and unwanted blood vessels. It is a effective method to treat discoloration of the skin and the intensity of the laser treatment differs from patient to patient.
Some good to know information
- Patient must remove all make-up or skin products prior to the treatment.
- Patient will be given a protective eyewear before the procedure ss with all laser procedures.
- The procedure only lasts for 15 minutes and no anesthesia is required.
- Some patients might experience a mild sunburn and the possibility is high with patients with rosacea, but this is temporary.
- The average number of treatments needed to achieve optimal result can be one to three sessions.
- Patient must give full discloser of their medical history because in some cases doctor will advise to avoid aspirin, motrin and ibuprofen for one week prior to the procedure.
- Some patients might develop some bruising for one week but all of it goes away completely.
- Patients must avoid sun exposure during the recovery period.