FUT Vs FUE
Both are very effective hair transplantation techniques capable of giving coverage and natural looking hair however both these procedures have their advantages and limitation. It is up to the doctor to decide which one of these procedures will better serve the patient and in some cases both these techniques are performed at the same time.
Advantages of getting a follicular unit transplant FUT
- The FUT procedure involves the harvest of follicular units, which are naturally occurring groups of 1 to 4 hairs and large numbers of follicle units can be transplanted in one session.
- In FUE treatment, the greatest number of follicle units which can be transferred is around 2,000 however FUT may involve the transfer of 4,000 follicle units.
- It is best suited for patients who need massive hair coverage and only FUT can offer that luxury of getting it done in just one session.
Advantages of getting follicular unit extraction FUE
- In FUE one does not have worry about linear scar in donor area i.e. the back of our scalp. If an individual like to keep his hair short on the back there is a possibility the scar might be visible.
- Patient has to spend less time recovering since there will be no stitches from the surgery and small holes that are created with FUE will heal in a shorter period.
- With FUE patient feels less discomfort post surgery compared to FUT.
But that being said both procedures have their own importance in hair transplant and it has given many patients great results where it becomes virtually impossible for a stranger to detect if they had hair transplant procedure unless you tell them.